Brainy Quote

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Scratchy throats delighting in the Lord learn Shqip

Not feeling my funny self right now.
Here I sit, weezing and coughing with a scratchy throat. Already I don't want to go to school tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, i love art, I like teaching, but i need a change. Seasons change, babies change, you get change and people change. I just want part of that.
Those who know my Albania wish already know it, I guess. But I am learning to "delight" in the Lord. My verse right now is Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you your hearts desire." You see I know He already has a plan for how, when and where but I just want Him to let me in on it!. The next verse I found was Psalm 37:7 "Be still in the presence of the Lord and patiently wait for Him to act."


Ok, patience. I am trying to learn to be patient and delight.... ...... I'll let you know how that turns out.

So I decided to look up passages about how to delight in the Lord, then how the Lord delights in us. The gist is when I
delight in the Lord I am rejoicing in my salvation, finding joy in praising Him, obey his word/commands. The Lords delight in me is most when I delight in my salvation, obey his commands! How odd that is it so symmetrical! Almost like the word of God is planned, or perhaps that God knows what he is doing! duh

So we are back to
being patient and delighting in Him.... .....like I said, I'll let you know how that turns out.
Pray for me. That I can be
patient and delight I so do want the desires of my heart, and I believe these desires to be from God as they pertian to being where God wants me to be - Albania or somewhere for more than a summer. Specifically I need my house, freezer and ring to sell. Once those three things happen, I can mover forward towards my hearts desire.

For those interested in my study of Shqip, (Albanian)
Psalm 37:4 is
Gjej kënaqësinë tënde në Zotin dhe ai do të plotësojë dëshirat e zemrës sate.
Psalm 37:7 is Rri në heshtje para Zotit dhe prite atë; mos u hidhëro për atë që i shkojnë mbarë punët e veta, për njeriun që ndjek planet e këqija të tij.

Yeah! So pray that!

No comments: