Brainy Quote

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Where the Streets have Four Names...


Hueytown Alabama.  I thought that was some fancyfied nickname for Birmingham...silly me. Hueytown is a, for lack of a better word, a Town.  I do not mean to offend the peeps of Hueytown, nor google maps, but someone was asleep in one of those places. We forgot " (insert Sues Garmon name here)  " so we had to rely on googlemaps on my iphone. (note to readers, use google earth, google maps and/or Hueytown are not right) Even tho' I "felt it in my bones" that walmart was just up the road, googlemaps and my little pulsating blue dot could not identify the road we were on and all the cross roads had 4 names. Davey Allison Blvd can be main Street or Artesian Springs Rd, or Allison Rd.   In the real world Woodward does not exist, nor Brookline. and  when you think you are Brookline, you may be on Knight or Hueytown which is Forest. There are two Fairy Alleys and one Fairy Avenue which is also Wickstead Rd.  And while you are there you must visit the People's Chapel Funeral Home, Integrity Funeral Home and Cafe Huey.  A Chest was for sale, which relieved some of us, as we weren't sure where my chest actually went.  License is spelt lisence, and I cannot remember the rest of the knowledge needed to get around "Hueyville" (as I call it).


Regardless, we arrived, got Katie and Micheal married, partied and laughed our way back to J-town. Even after "forced dilly" and "coerced dally". Once we found out what the humming was (it was Sue's "thing"). And after Ronda told her phone " I am in Alabama, I you want me to hear you call  back in an hour" and hanging up. It was then that we found the all 80"s  all the time station and we sang our way home. "no-one, no-one is to blame", "she's tidied up and I can't find anything", Duran Duran, Manic Monday, the only thing that could have made this day better was a chorus of "SSSAAAAFFFFTTTTYYYY Dance".










Thanks Diana, Ronda, Sue and Hueytown for the laughs.



5 comments:

Susan L. Prince said...

It was like I was in Hueytown all over again!

You make me laugh Carol! Thanks for the memories!

roaringlamb3 said...

Great recap, Carol! I couldn't have said it better myself :)

Katie said...

I guess you had to be there...I am sooooooo confused! What "thing"? Oh, and it's Laverne, I have Shirley. And it's Allison Bonnett Blvd I believe! LOL. Carol, you are hysterical! I never really paid attention to these things. I do know this...You can put Concord, Hueytown, or Bessemer on our address and it all comes here!

Douglas Huey said...

SURPRISE!!! How about US Huey's, Susan???? Talk about small world...

Doug Huey :)

Susan L. Prince said...

Doug! You are a crazy man! LOL