Brainy Quote

Thursday, July 17, 2014

June 25
I had planned to sleep in, Ha! So I got up and had golden syrup on toast and the best tea EVER! Oh and just FYI, Australia will mess up your iphone calendar. It will try to compensate for lost or added days and do it wrong...Can you really have a lost day? So I am unsure of what today is, or where I am supposed to be, normal you may say.
I walked to Sutherland shops (about 5 blocks from Julie's) for coffee. I fore-goed the "White Horse" coffee, which is the best for internet at Gloria Jeans. Then I couldn't get on it! Augh! Guess I'll drink and move on. The wind is incredible, Apparently there is snow in the mountains like never before and crazy winds in MElbourne and Sydney, over 100km, you do the math. I walked home after groceries and a pork roll for lunch. Luckily I found a shopping bag (you need to bring your own), so I had two, because the groceries sort of over took me. So I schlepped two heavy bags and my purse home 5 blocks.  Ahhhh Australia.

June 27
I helped Julie at Inaburra, made cards at my friend Paulettes, won a prize with my challenge card! and Bob made us sandwiches.

June 28-29
Left for Bowral/Berrima for a wedding. THe hotel we stayed at was beautiful, but way too many stairs and unhelpful staff. the room was small, and the beds on rollers. Couldn't sit in the bed to watch tv or draw, the bed would slide out from under you! Tried a bubble bath, but the bathroom's fan ran constantly, making a breeze over the tub! I went to bed.
The next day we got up and went into Bowral for breakfast at Palate Pleasure. Met our friends, there - Donna and Paul and Helen and Richard. Did the wedding  in a beautiful 1800's Anglican church. Then back to the hotel while they all went to the reception. I hung around the bar and varandah then off to bed.

The Elephant Boy Cafe - very cool

No comments: