Brainy Quote

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Art: It will make you happy

This was posted on my art blog..so I copied it here too...

Overheard by my neice of her 3 year old...

She was first "making a book" for me, and talking to herself all the while. Things like "Let's see now, if I put this part here, then the next picture should be on *this* page, but that doesn't really look exactly like I imagined it..." (giggle) and then she decided that she was going to "open a store" For what? For drawings, paintings, and anything anyone could want that was pretty. (Be still my heart, I think what we have on our hands is a young artist) - then "someone" (as in an imaginary someone) came into her store and she asked "someone" "What can I do for you today, sir? I can draw anything or paint anything you want. A drawing or painting will make you happy."....pause...."It will make you happy because it's just pretty. And pretty things make people happy."

Her Carol is so proud....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I SO wish you had been here to observe it. I wanted to video it, but I knew it would ruin the moment. My heart was literally overcome with love and admiration of her. Her favorite response to everything these days is "PER-fect!!!" (don't know WHERE she coulda heard that one ;) ) - and I just love her. I saved some of the "pages" of her book...I'll take photos and put them up on my blog soon.

Loves.