Brainy Quote

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Woman Currently Without Country

So, they say, "How was Australia?", "Are you still going to Albania?"
sigh...confusing...

I was in the shower and this question was posed to me, "do I love the country or the call?" Do I just want to live "somewhere else" or do I wan to evangelize? 

I don't know and my shallow mind does not want to expend the energy to think about it. - or to think that deep.
I guess my discontent is with my job now, I really enjoyed working at my summer job, and I cannot imagine 12 more years of wrangling squirrels and trying to impart knowledge upon them. 
No, I don't really care where I live, the only reason I am "here" is because of tremendous debt, and comparably, this is a good paying gig. But I still feel like I am not making any headway.
I'd rather be having coffee with people, visiting, discussing topics worth thinking about, and to be honest, going to the restroom when I want to (ask any teacher about this dilemma).  Maybe I should work in a coffee shop in Thailand...

I know God doesn't "care" where I am as long as I am doing His work, but I need a change, I need any door that God opens to be opened WIDE!

So, how was Australia?
I absolutely loved it. But now I am MORE confused.

sigh...confusing...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Come live in Rome. We will find something for you to do for Him. And you can sleep on the couch or in Carsie's room until we get the basement finished. And we'll carpool to where ever you need to go. No debt necessary.

In all seriousness, those are VERY good questions. After coffee, tomorrow, just think more and use your journal. I love you.

Jool said...

Love you Bubs!!! We'd love you to be here - but see what God has in store.

Kim Herrington said...

Hang in there and remember to spot the great in the small things. Appreciate what you can, even if it's frustrating or hard sometimes.

Susan L. Prince said...

I understand the restroom thing...retail managers have the same issue.

And, I did teach once, but thankfully my office was right near the teacher's lounge/restroom and much of my teaching was in the studio.

Confusion is not of God. I must get to praying about this for you.

Let's do coffee and breakfast at Denny's Saturday! Let's discuss topics worth thinking about and go to the restroom whenever we feel like it!

Oh, and you will need to come pick me up and look at my home improvements...and then I want to run something by you. I really think I may commission a painting from you. For real! But the media might be an issue. We'll talk.

Sandeep said...

nice pics........................