Brainy Quote

Thursday, July 29, 2010

AUSTRALIA - All good things come to an end, July 24,25,26


Saturday, July 24
Christmas in July

The Vigour Women at Gymea Baptist had a Christmas in July party today. Julie is on the leadership of Vigour and so we had to turn up at the church at 1030 am and basically stayed till about 7 pm.  Our friend Paulette was to show everyone how to do a crafty card and then give a little talk about Christmas Traditions. It was great wearing Christmas colors and decorating the church atrium in a Christmassy mood. 
Sunday, July 25
Leaving


I thought my plane was leaving at 650 am on Sunday, Julie thought it was at 950 am. So we checked it  on line and lucky we did! It had been cancelled and I was now on VAUSTRALIA airlines....sooooo much better and it didn't leave until 950 PM

Flat Joy says goodbye as she decides to stay!
Cool wall art at the Sydney Airport

Julie (and Joy) at the airport




That also made it better for my LA friends to meet me at LAX!
Dave, Jeanie and me at LAX
After a great burrito at the beach (on the coldest day in So. Calif history), they returned me to LAX to catch the plane to ATL. 

I knew I had returned to the great ol' USA by the long line at Starbucks and the wonderful wardrobe choices made...

So,
I have returned. 
I have lost 3 friends, I am assured of my son's artistic abilities, I have a weird accent in my head, I wish I was not in West Tennessee, but I also know I love the people here so much I missed them terribly, I am still confused as to my future in missions
and,
I have to prep a room for a new school year...

and, for these three (Baldwins) I am ever thankful.
thanks guys for helping me, you really did a lot of work!
Thanks for thinking I rock!















1 comment:

A said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas