Brainy Quote

Friday, July 23, 2010

AUSTRALIA - Art Project and Artistic Son, July 21 and 22

As I sit here at Julie's dining table having a cup of tea, I am struck by two things, one: I have 2.5 days left :( and how "American" Dr. Phil sounds now. I could get used to life here, but I would miss my NB framily so much. What a world!

July 21
Inuburra School and the Art Project (said "pro-ject")

I went to school with Julie again and started my collaborative art project with year 5. this is to be sold at auction by the PTO to raise funds. I have two year 5 classes and today I worked with Ms. Hatton's class. I set up 4 groups of 7 to make little "collage cards" out of fun paper to be glued onto a canvas. First group was button crazy, second group was flower crazy, third group much more creative (we made smaller ones) and the final group was very artistic. I will post pictures of the final product Friday night.  Unfortunately it took all day, I was in the staff meeting room which is where morning tea and lunch are so it was in use for most of 10:30 to 1230, so I have to go back Friday to do the second class and mount and finish the three projects.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow design made with Smilebox

At 4:30 we headed home and I was sooooo tired (guess I am not ready for school!). Sam is to cook tonight as Sarah is coming over, but as it turned out she couldn't. Julie got her hairs done and came home late.


July 22
Cronulla Shoot

Sam and i caught the train to Cronulla (about 3 stops from Gymea) and walked to the MJ's house (Michael and Madeline Johnson see the Sea Life) to pick up the camera that Matt has. He lets Sam use it.  Sam and I then walked down to Shelly Beach. I took lots of pictures I simply cannot get enough of the beach! maybe now, my friends, you can see why the beach is SOOOO important to me and why I was so disapointed in June.
Anyway, we met Martin Johnson (Matt's dad and a TV guy who owns his own production co. now) and Karl (the senior pastor) at Shelly Beach for a new promo for the new series at Gymea Baptist. It was where the last promo with the starfish was shot (see this link).
Sam had to go potty, Karl forgot his starfish...so a while later the shoot began.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow generated with Smilebox


I took pics while they did a few takes with two cameras, then Karl took us out for breakfast in Cronulla. Martin then dropped Sam at church, and me to Julies. A Great Day!

We endedd with dinner at the MJ's (Matt and Madeline Johnson)
Matt Johnson (in the middle)

1 comment:

travel expenses said...

Wow Its Awesome Great Post,And What A Art Thanks Buddy For This Impressive Post.