Brainy Quote

Thursday, July 15, 2010

AUSTRALIA -Pork Rolls, Tillie the dog, and Mexican, July 14 and 15

July 14
Sam had to be at the church early, so Julie got up and took him and went on to do errands. I slept in a little (I think because of those really bad beds at Kiola). But after I got up we cleaned house, well, we straightened up anyway. then we went to Engadine (just down a station or two) to get great Vietnamese Port Rolls....

Yum, we ate it at the Engadine Community Centre park and met Nick a friend of Ali's who is a counselor there. He is from the midwest of the USWe ate with the pigeons and a Cockatoo that flew from light pole to light pole.

We then found the American candy store. We got Sam a Dr. Pepper and Julie some Reeses. We found a great "junk" shop called the Liquidators.
We came home and read magazines and checked email. Julies friend Donna (I knew in grade 6 an 7) and invited us for wine by the fireplace. She has a very New England looking home on the inside and a beautiful back porch and garden that makes you think you are in Connecticut!





At Donna's House

Donna and Tillie








We met Sam at home and went out to eat Mexican in Cronulla at "Sombrero's" sam gave it a "4" , I gave it an 8. Something is always missing from Mexican food here. Sam reckons I should marry a Los Portales Brother and open one down here done the right way. lol
At Sombrero's

This is what they call Guacamole, Cheese dip and Salsa....hmmm








We finished the night by walking thru Cronulla shops to the carpark, then home to bed.


July 15
Julie had to return to school today, so she got up early and left. Sam and I got up about 930 and headed to the church. About a 15 minute walk from Julies. I watched Sam work on the computer making a picture in to a computer animation for the Ruth  Readers Theatre at church. He is so talented. I sure when finished it will be posted on Vimeo.com
We had "Morning Tea" with the rest of the staff and before we knew it, it was lunch time. We packed our lunch and ate together till Julie picked me up to go to her work at Inaburra School.
The Inaburra School Library

 I worked on researching Art lessons and looking at what the 1st and 2nd grade teachers do for art. Then Annette, (the Primary Head) asked me to do some stuff with year 5 (5th grade) to make some stuff to auction off with their PTO (boy that sounded familiar).
After school we picked up Sam and he made us Tortillini for dinner, very YUM. Then Julie and I went to Bible Study (LIFE group) at Ian and Melissa Giles' house.
I have been cold and tired all day, hope I am not getting sick!

No comments: