Brainy Quote

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Random opinions wanted:

1. What is your view of missionary kid education? Should they go to "foreign" school in the country of their work and learn the language and jump in, be homeschooled, or attend a missionary kid school with other missionary kids.?

2. What makes me think I am up for a cross-cultural experience? Who do I think I am?

3. What makes my experience as a "cross-culture" kid so different than my two sisters ? (to answer this, you would have to have read the Poisonwood Bible or know all three of us) I never really it here or there.

4. What will I do without Heidi? She cannot speak Shqip.

3 comments:

Jool said...

Well, the Heidi thing wa on my mind, but I didn't want to bring it up!

Carol said...

tanks aunti, i was worried but mummy just says k sarah sarah, or sumtin like that, (shhh, she crazy u know).

Matthew said...

I see no-one has yet commented on the MK education thing. This is not going to be terribly helpful, but I really think it depends on the child! There are some kids who will do well in the national schools, others will not. Some will do well in a boarding school, others will not. You have to know the kids and the parents and their attitudes towards things to be able to fully answer that question.