Brainy Quote

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

AUSTRALIAN ADVENTURE: the Surprise June 29

We begin the drive home from the airport and hit "Maccas" (McDonalds) on the way. I had a "Brekkie Wrap" very good and latte. We then ran to the little grocer a block from Julies to get some groceries. Then, Julie got a text from Sam asking  if he could use the internet. he was supposed to be at church working on movies! we were going to go there and surprise him infront of the whole staff. So Julie text him saying her could use the internet if he met us outside to carry in groceries. His text...(typical Sam)..."no pants". So we arrive and Julie goes in with two bags of groceries and berrates him until he will go out and get the rest. (britches on now). He complains he has to get the trash first, so grabs the recycle tub and steps out the door...I am waiting just outside the door. He looks at me takes a step and looks again! "What are you doing here?!!?!?!?!" he is so dazed he cant put the recycle tub down, "I have to take the trash out"...and walks on...(note: he is blinking his eyes alot, sure sign of tears) I go with him cos I can't keep my hands off him, and after the dumps the recycle he hugs me.....YAY!!!!! Totally surprised, and sooooo many people knew I was coming both in US and OZ! Great secret keepers all of you!
Me and My Boy moments after the surprise!


We then unpacked all the surprises, clothes, food, Jif...and this is what we discovered...


Jif or Jif...


I got a massage, yay...always welcome after a 23 hour flight! and we ate Chinese for lunch.(by now I am getting a little tired). Came home and tooka  shower because we are having "Family Dinner". Family Dinner is dinner at one of the "Family" homes. It consists of Julie (and now Sam and me) ALison, her daughter, Sarah, Ali's friend, LIsa (an old flatmate), Madeline (old flatmate), and Matt (Maddies husband, Sams good friend) and anyone who is a part of one of those peoples lives. So Julie cooked a nice stew (remember it is winter) and we ate and argued, coverbands, politics and taxes. Good times. Dessert was a blueberry crumble with icecream topped with strawberries and passionfruit....
Ali and I cut Sam's hair
   This is Ali with her new doo-rag and hat...



This is Sarah (SaiSai) and Julie.


I flaked out at 930 and that was really pushing it. So off to bed I went.