Brainy Quote

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Beyond 6th Grade


For those of you keeping up, I am not moving to Georgia at THIS time. As my sister said, there is always next year. 6th grade, Title 1 and NCLB make teaching a chore and I like my job teaching art and didn't see trading it for stress. Although, my own room and kids is appealing. So now we move on. The new need: Sell the house and downsize both physically and monetarily as Sam goes to college and Cody to seminary. It will be me and Heidi taking on the world alone, two gals in the city! OK well it is Three Way, TN. So sadness ensues, ( was looking forward to being with JJ and kids almost all the time), but gladness (on the part of Ann and others) replaces it for now.
Pray the house sells in record time, I need the financial break badly.
But I am learning that God already knows all that and he will act...Psalm 37:7 " Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for Him to act." According to Psalm 37 all I have to do is Trust, continue doing good, delight in the Lord, Commit all to the Lord, Be still and wait patiently. Then He will act. He already knows what is needed, and he already knows he will do it. So sit back Carol! Less worry, more delight. The more we praise, the less it all matters. Psalm 34:1 " I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." Praise exchanges negative for positive, it is a front line attack on problems (and Satan flees too, a bonus!).Walking in joy and praise brings us peace. All problems are not solved, but God's word says we can prosper in our problems. Philippians 4:8,9 "Fix your hearts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure an lovely and admirable. Think about things a that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and saw me doing, and the God of PEACE will be with you." To praise is to fulfill our purpose in creation - we are to be the glory of God.
So, here I sit praising God or at least trying to replace the praise for worry. It seems to be working!~ dahhhh And looking beyond 6th grade to a new year with lots of changes. But I am not worrying!

No comments: