Brainy Quote

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

old ladies+lake+sunburn=dirty dishes OR how to sell your house without the empty next blues


Picture this: 8 women on a pontoon boat that is weaving across the lake. As it approaches, you make out 7 older woman, one younger and all of them talking at once. They pull up to a "beach" and pile out throwing all manner of floaties onto the water. The talk ranges from where are you going to go potty and counting to 50 really slowly then singing Happy Birthday, onto boobies and tatoos. You'd leave your fishing hole too! (poor old man) We are sure he was thinking we were a bunch of old drunk ladies. Oh, yeah, and we talked about skinny dippin' too. Of course Marsha was first to point out only two of us there could really skinny dip, the rest of us would have to chunky dunk. Insert uproarus laughter here.
Anyway about 6 hours later we took our sunburned selves back into dock and convinced the nice man there to carry our c
ooler back to the car. We are charming that way, a gaggle of old ladies.
All this to say, I come home tired sunb
urned and a permanent smile on my face and what do you think I saw when I came home? A cooked dinner? Hey, lets go out to eat, I'll pay mom! No, As I put my bag in the kitchen I noticed dirty dishes, there and in the living room. So what did I do, I washed them....However, I want you to know that I would not have if we weren't showing our house to the photographer tonight. Usually every night I wash dishes and clean the kitchen so the morning is new and clean. Generally I get up every day and find dirty dishes in the kitchen. Are you seeing a pattern? In fact, last night I typed out a list for both my boys on what needed to be done to their rooms and the bathroom to be photo ready today. Last check, all is done but one bed and beard hairs in one sink...one can only keep praying. The only light at the end of this tunnel, especially with the housing market the way it is...is to empty this nest. Sadly to say one leaves next week for Seminary and one for college next month. Heidi and I have discussed this more than once and we feel the reprecussions will be as follows:
1. we are stuck with those cats
2. we eat when we want to

3. we don't eat when we don't want to
4. less dishes to do
5. no one to wake you up at 3 am and say "I love you mom"
6. no one to a
rgue with or ask deep questions to
7. we are stuck with those cats
8. if we buy icecream, it is ours
9. if we he
ar a noise at 3 am, panic cos it ain't a boy
10. we are stuck with those cats.

Did I mention I'd like them to take the cats.
Anyway, the next old lady trip will be one with floating and some action...say the float the buffalo. We're aiming for a small amount of action as relaxation is our major purpose.
PS would you like a cat?

1 comment:

Susan L. Prince said...

Ummmm, sounds like you had a great time! I think some of that conversation would have had me turning pink! LOL

Maybe I need a photographer coming to the house every night! LOL