Brainy Quote

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reflections on the Iris


Once upon a time I planted 9 Iris' in the front yard, along with 4 tiger lilies. A great thought, huh? Ah no, not if you don't know what your are doing. Now 7 years later I have a jungle of Iris', tiger lilies and weeds that look like tiger lilies, various kinds of kudzu and some kind of tree sapling? So the other day, I got energetic (VERY unusual for me) and thought "I'll dig it up, and start over!" This was encouraged by friends and wise counsel. So out I go with shovel in hand...An hour later I have 1/2 a Tiger lily and and about 4 halves of Irises. Those suckers are stubborn. I attacked the ones on the edges, Mark said they were the easiest...lol .You see from my 9 Iris' babies grew and with Iris' this means their bulbs grow. Needless to say, they are all joined all 30,000 of them. Ok not 30,000 but it might as well be.
That is how the Church is to be. We are the church- assuming you know that- and we are to be joined to one another like those stubborn Iris'. That way when Satan comes to get someone on the fringe, we won't give 'em up! their root is joined to ours and all joined to Christ. Cool eh? So hang on to those you love in Christ, don't let them slip away.
So I gave up and "round-up"ed the whole lot. Now I don't know what to do. I guess I'll pay someone to get 'em out!

No comments: