Brainy Quote

Friday, December 19, 2008

General Holiday Comments

On Gifts:
If you saw my facebook status I mentioned that the Obama Commemorative Plate was a bad idea no matter which side you stand on. And, I stand by that. I mean come on, Why. Answer that for me. No, really, I want an answer.

On Joy:
On the way home today I saw three guys at an apartment complex parking area "Ghostbusting" the leaves as a team with leaf blowers, looked like they were having the time of their lives.

On Giving:
A shout out of Thanks to the annonaymous (sp) donor who slipped some Christmas moolah under my garage door. It is greatly needed for the trip to visit my family. You will be blessed.

On Santa:
Haven't had a sighting this year, generally they are attracted to me like a magnet. Although those of you who met Daves bro, he is pretty close.

On Christmas Decor:
See earlier post. 'nuff said.

On Baking:
Everyone bakes at Christmas. Why? Kroger or Walmart or Sams are so much better. (With the exception of Nelda's strawberry cake.) You get in the car, go buy it, throw flour in your hair and put it on your plate. Done. Baking is over-rated.

On Traditions:
I highly recommend traditions. If you don't have 'em, get 'em going. We put potatoes (not coal) in the stockings to represent your years "badness". You then eat them with the meal, and start the new year potato free. We used to watch "Father Christmas" a british cartoon about what Father Christmas does on the "off months". But it died (darn that VHS tape). I miss it the theme song was the best...look for it, you'll love it.

On Jesus Birth:
How awesome it is to have an entire season and holidays to mark the birth of our Savior. The one person who is God and Man together! I, for one am so grateful God came to be one of us , then to die for us so I can have a meaningful relationship with Him, with out my sin and badness getting in the way.

Have a Merry Christmas! Celebrate Jesus' Birth with Gifts, Joy, Giving, Decor, Baking (if you have to), Traditions and Talk to Jesus himself! He's waiting.

3 comments:

roaringlamb3 said...

I love the idea of eating the "badness" and starting over in the new year, but I'd have to have something besides potatoes. They are inedible to me. Strawberry's possibly?

Carol said...

nooooo they must be yucky

Unknown said...

Are potatoes yucky? Really? Even if they're fried? Nah...though I have to say, my momma always put the potatoes in the toe of the stocking that had been festering in the back of the cabinet and grown whole appendages and stuff...ick.