Brainy Quote

Monday, January 5, 2009

It may be a New Year but it is still Monday

Well, it is Monday! and it is a new year. Something my first graders can't wrap their heads around. "But we are still in 1st grade?!" Anywho, A new year begins and I have some art project prospects AND people who are actually willing to pay!!! You can go to my new artblog spot at www.cmshroo.blogspot.com to see what all I can do for you! It doesn't have much "blog" so to speak, but does have art. I just can't believe people will pay for my funky drawings! How awesome is that. But alas, as you know there is another side to every coin.

And speaking of coin, just as soon as I get a break with some
art orders....yep ladies and gentlemen, my septic system backed up, mind you, that's bad enough, but that wonderful son of mine had the stomach flu...yuk.."Mom which commode do I use?" I had no idea what to tell him as they all were backed up and running into the sinks and tubs....mmmm love that smell!
All is almost good now, 2 of the 3 commodes are now flushable. But Tubs and sinks need to be scrubbed before we all get some weird infecti
on. And my commode suffers from a broken pipe - poor thing.
Then our "roomate" for January moved in Sunday night - "welcome, flush with care". He fell in love with Alley, and then his school called an
d said "You must live on campus to get your credit". HA I say. His rent would have paid for the septic system!!!! AUGH!

So while resolutions are being made by many around the world, some of us are just fighting another Monday. I do have plans for my new year however.
1. Do more art, and sell it, put the $ in a drawer for Albania
2. SELL THIS HOUSE,
put the $ in a drawer for Albania
3. SELL THE FREEZER, put the $ in a drawer for Albania
4. SELL THE CAR, put the $ in a drawer for Albania
5. SELL TWO CATS, put the $ in a drawer for Albania
Ok just kidding, the cats can stay, Sam!
6. Study GOd's word!

Chuck said in his sermon last Sunday (series titled "Finding Joy in Gods Word, Psalm 119") that
Donald Whitney states “No spiritual discipline is more important than the intake of God’s Word. Nothing can substitute for it. There simply is no healthy Christian life apart from a diet of the milk and meat of scripture.”
I do believe it will make my life better, less focused on me, more on HIM! He suggests we read Psalm 119 (quite long) a verse or two aday and meditate upon it. I am taking up that mantle. Will you sign that petition with me? I challenge you.

Maybe if we do that, we can see past the Monday's and onto a great New Year and new beginnings.



No comments: