Brainy Quote

Thursday, November 13, 2008

crying cookies


Heidi came in from outside and recieved her treat. She loves that part of going outside. In fact, all I have to do when she runs away is stand outside and scream "treat", "wanna treat?" and here she comes 90 miles an hour doing the "super doggy " flying thing. Anyway so I give her the treat and off she goes to eat it on my white duvet. I go to the kitchen, after a minute or two I hear crying, like oh "poor puppy in trouble" or "I am trapped in my crate" crying. It was pitiful, so I run in and Heidi is crying to her cookie..."Oh cookie you are soooo beautiful, I want you so bad, that I cannot eat you because I am so inamorded!" or something, who knows. So, I asked, "um, Hoot, why are you crying to your cookie?" I recieved no answer just a look of longing at the cookie?!? so I said, "hello cookie?" nothing, I did note that it was a little wet. Tears or drool, I am not sure. Anyway, I told Heidi, "mam you need to eat the cookie or hide it, one. You cannot just cry at the cookie it is unnatural". She picked it up and ate it. S T R A N G E. And you think I am crazy...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um. Hello? I cried (in love and adoration) to my creamy spinach tortellini on Monday? This is strange? I finally had to eat it because the freshly grated parmesan was getting all melty (sort of...) on top and I didn't want it to get cold. Because THEN, THEN, I really would have cried. (And then, in my journal of thanks, my #1 thing of the day was homemade creamy spinach tortellini. #2 was freshly grated parmesan on top of it. #3 was the good sense to be grateful for such small miracles. There were other things after that - a long list, like clean babies and peace in my heart...but the pasta won #1, #2, and #3...)

Alicia Beth said...

too cute :) We had a poodle/pomeranian mix growing up.we used treats to house break her and never could give them up.To the day she died,every time she went to the bathroom outside she came right back in and straight to the kitchen sink as we kept the box of treats underneath it in the cabinet.If you happened to forget,she'd stay there until she got her treat !! Gotta love doggies :)