Brainy Quote

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Can I be a housewife please?

Monday, June 20
I was a housewife today. I swept, washed dishes, cleaned, cleared, washed clothes and hung it out to dry outside. Absolutely loved it!

Walked up to the shops to do banking and sit at Gloria Jeans and watch the world walk by Gymea. I watched all the prams with babies, then they left for nap and school let out, watched kids hang out at the shops, mums meeting little ones and buying them hot chocolate and cupcakes. Dogs on leashes galore. I remember the feel of my cotton school uniform, legs cool but my jumper on top, and rolled up make you feel toasty. (Maybe you have to have been an Australian school girl to understand that). Little girl came to sit by me (I was drawing), and her mum joined her. She was struggling with spreading her cream cheese. Mum actually took time to teach her how to spread cream cheese on the bagel. Great lesson...good mum.

Being outside all the time is great here. Mild sunny winters. I think I could be a great Aussie housewife. Where is my sugar daddy?



Been drinking alot of tea...love it! Want one love?

No comments: