Brainy Quote

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Leaving and Arriving

BNA to ATL, June 5

After saying goodbye to Ronda and Meg (thanks guys), I checked in (very short line) and sat. The air conditioning in the terminal was not functioning and we all were hot, sticky and fanning with something. The plane was a smaller one but SOOOO loud. A cross between being in a military helicopter and a car with no muffler. By the time I got to Atlanta, a migrain was beginning.
 Every so often the captain would get on the intercom and in a terrible Indian accent warble on about something. But the noise combined with the impossible accent, we were all lost. Then the head flight attendant had a stern accent (Latin or Norweigian) and when she gave instruction you felt as if you were being scolded by an old school teacher. When the flight was over, I was dying to get out and take some headache meds and so I stood up quickly to get out. An old dude who was sitting next to where I was standing said, "You WILL wait your turn, Missy!" Seriously?? Missy? I WILL wait? He was a whole 8-10 years older than me. I said "Yes, Sir, don't you worry!" Then he let me go ahead!!!
Arriving in Atlanta is typical, you dash to the other end of the airport to your terminal, don't think I have ever been there without having to rush!
Definitely needed Ronda to assist here!


ATL to LAX
Watched two movies. Eat Love Pray and Easy A. Once at LAX, I had eaten and charged my phone and was waiting at the gate when 4 women/girls all filed into the terminal with Aussie Pillows, stuffed animals and ridiculously large sombreros on their heads! The girl charging her phone at the Charging Station (of which there are only two) has been there for 3 hours!!! Come on the rest of us charging needs. I believe I commented on this last year. Obviously LAX has yet to comply.

LAX to SYD
Watched Life as We Know It, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and The Tourist. Pretty uneventful flight. I was blessed to have a spare seat next to me! Thanks to all of you who prayed for this! And to God for answering. Yes, God does care where I sit for 17 hours.

Arrived an hour late at Sydney, so customs was easy breezy, just a sniff or two by "Yaz" the Drug Beagle, and I was off to find Julie.

They take smoking pretty seriously!

cheeky magpie just staring at us as we got out out the car

Thought of you Kimberly, Shnitzel is only $9!
The rest of the day I spent unpacking while Julie went to work and then friends Paulette and Lynn took me to lunch in Bangor. Fell asleep around 7 pm that night!!!!Ah Jet Lag!

No comments: