Brainy Quote

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kindergarten, Mandarin and a Meat Pie

June 9, Thursday
Kindy Lesson
I spent the day at Julie's school, Inaburra School. I got to observe a Kindy (Kindergarten) reading lesson.
Thern a team taught 1st grade lesson (Teacher and Mandarin Teacher). The students learn Mandarin throughout elementary school as it is extremely useful here and when they get older.

Then I saw an Art lesson with 2nd grade. The teachers have to integrate art into thier curriculum ! Yes, the regular teachers! Thelma Barker you are SOOOOO lucky to have me!!!

Art Smocks in each room
Lunch was ordered on line to the Canteen (on campus shop), and delivered. I got a good ol' Aussie Meat Pie (Matt Wright, you are jealous! BTW there is one in my freezer you may have!!yes a REAL one!), kettle chips and a diet coke. Yum.

The rest of the day was on the computer. After school all these Cockatoos
came and landed on the playground eating up scraps. I made friends with a few of them and took pictures, very cool.
Julie teaching in the Library
 After school we headed to Miranda (where the big mall is ) and got a SIM card. I still can't get it to work, but Ali is supposed to help me deal with that soon. We ate a sushi snack! and shopped a little. Met one of Julies friends at home and she shopped for clothes at Julies clothes sale for Hope Street (the mission I will be helping in a few weeks).

No comments: